Preparing frozen snow crab legs is a delightful and easy process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to prepare them:
1. Thaw the crab legs: Place the frozen snow crab legs in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Alternatively, you can place them in a sealed plastic bag and submerge them in cold water for about 30 minutes until thawed.
2. Boiling Method:
• Fill a large pot with water, adding enough to fully submerge the crab legs.
• Add salt to the water for added flavor, if desired.
• Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
• Once boiling, carefully add the thawed snow crab legs to the pot.
• Reduce the heat to medium and let them simmer for about 4-6 minutes.
• Remove the crab legs from the pot using tongs or a slotted spoon and drain excess water.
3. Steaming Method:
• Fill a large pot with about an inch of water and bring it to a boil.
• Place a steamer basket or a colander over the pot, ensuring it doesn’t touch the water.
• Arrange the thawed snow crab legs in the steamer basket or colander.
• Cover the pot with a lid and let the crab legs steam for about 5-7 minutes.
• Carefully remove the crab legs from the steamer basket or colander.
4. Grilling or Baking Method:
• Preheat your grill or oven to medium-high heat (around 400°F or 200°C).
• Brush the thawed crab legs with melted butter, olive oil, or your preferred seasoning.
• Place the crab legs directly on the grill grates or on a baking sheet.
• Cook them for about 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are heated through and slightly charred.
• Remove the crab legs from the grill or oven.
5. Serve and enjoy: Serve the prepared snow crab legs with melted butter, lemon wedges, or your favorite dipping sauce. They pair well with side dishes like corn on the cob, roasted potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Now you’re ready to savor the deliciousness of your perfectly prepared snow crab legs. Enjoy the sweet and tender meat, and have a delightful dining experience!